webmaster at domain, To create or not?

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Sat Jan 26 11:48:47 MST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 11:20 AM, Stephen Shaw <sshaw at decriptor.com> wrote:
> I was emailed by someone noting that the webmaster at domain didn't exist and
> that it would be great to create that and forward it.  My thought is that it
> would be heavily spammed.  Do people still create webmaster?  Is it a good
> or bad idea?

I never did like the idea of the webmaster account. Seemed like a
waste to me. But occassionally I'll run across some indexing site that
allows me to change my information in their index, using the webmaster
account to identify me. I usually only bother if they get something
wrong that I care enough to get fixed, or if I want to remove WHOIS
contact info from their index (both have happened).

When that happens, I will usually just create the webmaste account, do
what I need to do, and then kill the account again.

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/