[OT] Using telephone calls to influence government (being heard)

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Fri Jan 25 14:38:50 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 12:52 -0700, Lars Rasmussen wrote:
> I was very encouraged by the immediate response and look forward to
> the follow up.  I would encourage others to call - not just email -
> their representatives & senators(locally & nationally), and if given
> the chance, to meet with them in person.

My father-in-law recently announced he was running for the Utah state
legislature.  The one of the newspapers covering the story closed the
article with this:

"""
Baugh said he will listen to the people and what they want. "Tell me
what your concerns are. Tell me what you're worried about and what you
think the state legislature ought to be doing about it," he said.

To emphasize his point, Baugh announced his cell phone number to the
crowd and encouraged them to call: 801-602-1681."
"""

Here's the full story:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695242408,00.html

Anyway, I thought it was a good move to put your cell number in the
local paper and invite others to call in.  It sends the right message,
"I making myself available and I'm willing to listen."

I guess this thread was already marked Off-Topic anyway :)  We wouldn't
want the PLUG to get OT for 3 full days.

Gabe