It's official mail travels slower than snails.

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Fri Jan 25 14:03:41 MST 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:48:34PM -0700, Steve wrote:
> I found this article today, and thought it made for a good case for
> corporate email vs using the postal service.
> Also thought it might brighten everyones day.
> http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN2423750920080124?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=69&sp=true

That's nothing.  One time I was sent an invitation by mail.  I knew it
should be arriving, and after a week or two, it still hadn't come.  I
was surprised that it would take so long, since it only had to travel a
few miles.  I finally assumed that the sender had overlooked my name,
picked up an invitation in person, and forgot about the whole thing.

About a year later, the invitation unexpectedly arrived in the mail.  I
only have one clue to the envelope's long and adventurous journey: the
words "MISSENT TO BEIJING" in small red letters.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/