Ron Paul opposes linux - was Re: [OT] Isolationist vs. Non-Interventionist [was: Re: HB 139]

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Thu Jan 24 14:30:30 MST 2008

* Jason Hall [Thu, 24 Jan 2008 at 14:26 -0700]
<quote>
> On Jan 24, 2008 1:48 PM, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:
>
> > We're a free country, we can trade however we feel like. You don't like
> > tarrifs? Then appose them, don't let the NAFTA or anyone else do it for
> > you.
> >

> we as a country can trade as we feel?  Technically yes, but then again it
> also means backing out of contracts we have.  And people have really
> accepted it when we've done that before?  Oh wait, it's only ok when you
> personally agree with the cause.  Otherwise we must face the ever so
> important 'Court of World Opinion'.

Hey, I never said the Court of World Opinion mattered for anything. I
simply said I don't blame them for their opinions.

I really don't know anything about legality and binding issues we may
face in a move to free trade, but we should do what we can, and all the
more reason to NOT get into ANY more agreements that would bind us and
future generations.

Von Fugal