HB 139 (Wireless Internet Access Requirements, Chief Sponsor: Bradley M. Daw)

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Fri Jan 25 11:12:14 MST 2008

* Jonathan Duncan [Fri, 25 Jan 2008 at 09:16 -0700]
<quote>

> On 24 Jan 2008, at 19:45, Nathan wrote:
>
>> As for the other candidates,  I am not sure who I am voting for yet.
>> but there are a few (not just republicans) that I agree with more than
>> Ron Paul.  Not everyone holds the same ideals.  Not everyone agrees on
>> the same issues.  That is what makes this country great.  We aren't
>> locked into one set of ideas. Just look at the thread that spawned.
>> Many different points.  Most of them are valid too.
>
> Most of them not addressing the same thing in the same way as those they
> are refuting.  I find that very often when we think we are arguing for or
> against something that someone else said, we do not fully understand what
> the other has actually meant.  When we finally all learn listen to and to
> understand each other, I think we will find that, to our surprise, we all
> really just want the same thing.

We all want the same thing, we all want good lives and a stable
economy/country, safety, etc. Oh wait, most polititians just want money
and power. But I guess you could still say polititians all want the same
thing in the end. But the polititians say they want the same things we
all want. The difference is, how do they plan on getting there? Just
because a set of people all want the same things, doesn't mean their
methods of obtaining are of equal merit.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
You can't just say we all want the same thing and give everyone a pat on
the back and call it good. It matters what you DO.

Von Fugal