Data Center Management Software

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Thu Jan 24 16:51:30 MST 2008

Daniel wrote:
> I don't know of anything that can detect or display physical positions
> in racks, but I know that cacti (http://www.cacti.net/) has a way to
> show server trees.  This allows for hierarchy so you could group the
> servers by rack and order them by physical position in the rack.  If
> you have several racks of equipment you may already know of cacti.

It doesn't need to auto-detect rack positions. I'm just looking for a
nice display here. I'm creating a "rack view" widget in Qt for a project
at work, and I wanted to get some ideas for how best to do this.

I'm looking at creating something kinda cool like this:

   http://image.versiontracker.com/scrnsht/127460/359734/749vrack400.png

--Dave