Data Center Management Software

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:51:44 MST 2008

I don't know of anything that can detect or display physical positions
in racks, but I know that cacti (http://www.cacti.net/) has a way to
show server trees.  This allows for hierarchy so you could group the
servers by rack and order them by physical position in the rack.  If
you have several racks of equipment you may already know of cacti.

$0.02
Daniel