Network Job Posting

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Thu Jan 24 15:33:44 MST 2008

OK, guys.  I know that most of the people on here are programmers and
systems people, but if anyone knows of any incredible Network talent,
can you please forward this on to them?

It is also posted on Monster and the state Job Board.

-Steve
=====================

Principal or Senior Network Engineer

BlueHost is the fastest growing shared web hosting company in the world,
is currently seeking to add a skilled Principal Network Engineer to our
team. We have a fast-moving, fun work environment and we are looking for
someone with the following skill set:

1) Strong technical proficiency with an ability to learn new skills
quickly, and be able to manage several concurrent high priority concerns
with minimal or no supervision.

2) Participate in the maintenance and continued growth of a large public
network which uses more than 4 Gbits/sec of data and two data centers.

3) Troubleshoot network communication problems as they relate to routing
and switching.

4) Experience in networking and network security including VoIP, VPN's,
enterprise routing and Layer 3-7 switching

5) Extensive experience implementing and troubleshooting Cisco 6500
series routers and switches.

6) Strong working understanding of TCP and UDP, and popular network
communications protocols such as DNS, RPC, HTTP etc.

7) Expert understanding of BGP (confederations, communities, circuit
balancing) as well as real world implementation and troubleshooting
experience, plus HSRP, OSPF, and Layer3 VPNs.

8) Expert understanding of QoS as well as real world implementation and
troubleshooting experience.

9) Expert understanding of SNMP, MRTG and network monitoring. Experience
with Linux and Common programs (Email, DNS, HTTP, etc).

If you feel that your skills match our requirements listed above we
would love to speak with you. What we are looking for is an incredibly
good Network Guy with some Linux experience. We really want people that
WANT to come and be part of our organization. Salaries are completely
negotiable based on skill set, and all positions include full health
benefits and other perks!

Salary range is between $75,000 to $120,000 DOE