Ron Paul opposes linux - was Re: [OT] Isolationist vs. Non-Interventionist [was: Re: HB 139]

Michael L Torrie torriem at
Thu Jan 24 13:46:57 MST 2008

Von Fugal wrote:
> * Michael L Torrie [Thu, 24 Jan 2008 at 13:28 -0700]
>> It seems to me that part of our problem is we don't innovate on the
>> scale that we used to.  For example, if we think about the transistor,
>> piano, car, electricity etc.  All of these things are largely American
>> innovations.  Yet right now we think of Asia for almost all of these
>> things.  Yamaha pianos, cheap Chinese electronics, Korean cars.  We need
>> to get our butts in gear and offer products that are innovative and
>> something people in the world want or need.  Easy to say, hard to really
>> do, though.
> Especially if we're taxed to the bone and doing all we can just to pay
> the bills. Liesure is a precursor to creativity (innovation).

How do you explain, then, that the US has one of the lowest tax regimes
on the entire planet?  (At least out of countries that have a real
government, law, order, and civil rights.)