HB 139 (Wireless Internet Access Requirements, Chief Sponsor: Bradley M. Daw)

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:41:16 MST 2008

Well the point of that line was simply to say that if the clinician
believes the patient is no longer a danger to society, then the
patient wouldn't have to keep seeing them.

However some accountability must be made when someone makes an
unequivocable statement.

If I put my name to something saying "x won't happen", I should be
liable when and if "x" does occur.
This should be true regardless of the value of "x".

That doesn't mean if I as a clinical psychiatrist say "Little Michael
here isn't going to murder anyone any more ever again, he's all better
now.", and Mr Myers ends up going on a killing spree 20 years later,
that I should be tried for murder.
But criminal negligence and/or negligent homicide would seem to fit
the bill wouldn't it?  (Ref: Halloween 1978)

Sincerely,
Steve