[OT] Foreign Policy

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Jan 24 12:42:06 MST 2008

Bryan Sant wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 11:52 AM, Kyle Waters <unum at unum5.org> wrote:
>> Jonathan Duncan wrote:
>>> <tangent>Nobody ever asks for my identification.  Anyone could come
>>> and claim they are anyone on the list and get in to for for someone
>>> else.  Maybe it is just the place I vote, but I think we should be
>>> required to positively identify ourselves before being allowed to
>>> vote.</tangent>
>> the eff disagrees.
>>
>> http://www.eff.org/press/archives/2005/09/21
>
> What?  Gasp!  The eff -- a democrat front group -- doesn't want
> illegal immigrants to be barred from voting.  What a surprise!

That's quite a logical fallacy there.  I guess you must know what the
EFF's intent is, though.  And a bit ironic, given that you said you
support Ron Paul, and his platform should, if it's consistent with
itself, be in favor of banning ID checking at polling stations.
Freedom, small government, and all that.