HB 139 (Wireless Internet Access Requirements, Chief Sponsor: Bradley M. Daw)

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Thu Jan 24 12:41:28 MST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 8:25 AM, Nathan <kemotaha at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to start a flame war, but the one reason I won't vote for
> Ron Paul is that he is an isolationist.  I don't think that is the way
> to deal with the rest of the world.
>
> That said, I do like a lot of his idea in government like the
> elimination of most bureaucracies and others that he has, I (notice this
> is my opinion) think that we need a much more engaged way to deal with
> other countries.

Ron Paul is against an expansionist foreign policy, not free trade.
He believes that fair and open trade should be conducted with all
nations, but that our military should stay at home and keep our
country safe, instead of being permanently based overseas.  That said,
he doesn't support some so-called free trade organizations like NAFTA
because they are really forms of centralized control, and as a
Libertarian he believes government should be at the local level and
that federalism promotes corruption and inefficiency.

Cheers,
Carl