HB 139 (Wireless Internet Access Requirements, Chief Sponsor: Bradley M. Daw)

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Thu Jan 24 12:37:25 MST 2008

* Bryan Sant [Thu, 24 Jan 2008 at 12:14 -0700]
> Wait, wait, wait.  I wanted to respond with this:
>
> Right.  I am agreeing with you and Von.  I just think there are more
> powerful, rational, and logical reasons for agreeing with that
> position than saying "the other kids don't like us".
>
> However, I have to correct your grossly exaggerated parity.
<snip>lots of stuff</snip>

Well said my friend. I don't think we're necessarily wrong in *most* of
our actions as a country, but as you said, it's not in our best
interest, it's WAY too expensive and we are going broke.

Let me qualify that. I don't think it's so wrong morally that we declared
war. There's certainly plenty wrong and corruption going on in
washington though. Spying on our own people, denying airline flying to
people who have never done anything wrong, to name a few. There's a
whole lot more I won't go into.

I like how Ron says yes we need to get the bad guys, but no we don't
have to force people to be free everywhere we go. <- yes that's an
oxymoron. As for pulling out, I don't see what's wrong with just saying
"end it" to our generals and admirals and having them do whatever they
must to just get out of there. No time frame, no deadlines, just don't
sit on your fannies occupying some stupid base. I think it's a bunch of
bull all this pander going on about "even if we wanted to leave it's
just not that simple." Well, it is simple. We got in there didn't we?
Why can't we get out? I doubt there will be as much resistance to our
leaving as there was to our invading.

Von Fugal