HB 139 (Wireless Internet Access Requirements, Chief Sponsor: Bradley M. Daw)

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 10:56:46 MST 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 8:33 AM, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:
> Engaged as in policing? Milatarily? Or just engaged with trading? If Ron
> Paul is against free trade I haven't seen any hint of it. I really don't
> think throwing around our weight (which is getting more modest by and
> by) is the best way to deal with the rest of the world. Is it any wonder
> almost no other country likes us?
>
> Von Fugal

I couldn't care less about other countries liking us or not.  I
complete agree with your points.  However, I always cringe when the
primary reasoning (or implied reasoning) for not intervening in
foreign affairs is so that we'll be liked.  I don't mean to jump on
your Von.  Your point is factual--we aren't liked--and we aren't liked
because we throw our weight around.  But if a person ran around in
life trying only to do things (or not do things) solely to be liked, I
would consider that person shallow, weak, dependant, and lost.
America should try to be a good neighbor, but if France doesn't like
us for reason X or Y, who flippin' cares?

There's only two things I hate.  Those who are intolerant of other
people's culture...  And the FRENCH!!  :-)

-Bryan