Personal Firewalls

Jason Edwards jtanium at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:46:25 MST 2008

I don't know of anything exactly like those...

Firestarter (http://www.fs-security.com/) would be something you could
use to manage iptables.  It won't show you an application and let you
make a policy based on that application, but you could figure out what
ports an application is using and and make policies based on that.

As far limiting executables launching other executables, you should be
able to do it with SELinux or AppArmor, though I don't know what tools
there are make that easier to manage.

Jason