RIP Gentoo

Jeff Anderson jefferya at programmerq.net
Wed Jan 23 01:41:35 MST 2008

I have been a gentoo user for quite a while now. I don't believe I will
hit the five year mark, as I have decided to convert to Arch linux.
I really botched my system with the last set of upgrades, and I would
rather wipe my system to start over than fight with it to fix it.

I'm not totally converting, as I have a vps that runs gentoo.
My mythbox (for frontend) is currently running debian.
My wife's computer is on ubuntu.
I even have a wireless router running linux.

Choosing a distro can still be hard even after having used linux for
around a decade. I'm even intrigued by a distro called gobolinux. I
don't think I'll ever put it on my desktop, but it seems interesting enough.

Has anyone else had any struggles with choosing (or un-choosing) a distro?

Jeff Anderson