Drupal Designer Needed

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 13:51:12 MST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 1:36 PM, Steve <smorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't see why the site won't render properly in anything other than
> IE, nothing IE specific is being used, and when it was originally
> made, it looked basically the same in all browsers.

The same standards compliant CSS rules may be interpreted differently
by different browsers.

For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_box_model_bug

The best workaround for strange IE 6 or below issues with CSS that
I've found has been to do the following:

1) Design your HTML/CSS to render correctly with a Gecko-based browser
(i.e.: Firefox).
2) Create one or more supplemental CSS files that override CSS
selectors for IE 6 and below.
3) Include the IE CSS files with a conditional include that is only
interpreted by IE
http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2004/02/css-ie-only

Hope this helps,

-Bryan