Freedom and Greed

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Jan 22 12:02:24 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 10:47 -0700, Levi Pearson wrote:
> I'm arguing agaisnt the attitude that there's a moral
> imperative to release source code, and that to not do so is rude,
> evil, unkind, or otherwise a socially unacceptable act.

You are correct, I was taking dangerous mental shortcuts.

Because of the tendency of proprietary software licenses to enforce an
immoral relationship, I chose years ago to avoid writing proprietary
commercial software. But it is the inequitable licenses that are
immoral, not the protection of one's creation.