Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Jan 22 10:49:46 MST 2008

Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> writes:

> That's the interesting thing about sharing. Sharing is gracious and
> unselfish, but demanding someone else share with you, or not sharing
> yourself, are both selfish. I'm not demanding anything, I'm just saying
> what I think is selfish.

Is it very gracious to call someone selfish because they want to sell
their software without source code?

> So you would have all building plans ever be secret never again to be
> seen by anyone even past the death of the architects? Wow, that's
> progress there. We could still be struggling to build domes and arches.
> I believe in the original copyright as set forth by the
> founding fathers. I abhor this new copyright is intrinsic and automatic
> and lasts forever paradigm. It stinks to high heaven.

You seem to have a hard time with your reading comprehension today.
At no point did I advocate the universal hiding of source code or the
illegalization of reverse-engineering.  Please stop putting words and
bad arguments in my mouth.

                --Levi