Chris at
Mon Jan 21 19:26:35 MST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 6:20 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at> wrote:

> I don't know why anyone brought up religion. If anything, some of these
> arguments are "ideological" and not religious at all. Please, get it
> right.

My dictionary provides three definitions of "religion", including this one:

religion - a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme
importance : consumerism is the new religion.

By that definition, many who advocate free software are indeed religious
about it, and rightly so.  I'd expect them to wear that badge proudly.