The Evils of All Software

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Mon Jan 21 18:09:27 MST 2008

Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> writes:

> I've tried to stay out of the discussion, but...
>
> Here's my take on the whole Free vs. proprietary debate:

*snip*

> Does the fact that I've grown tired of abusive proprietary software
> licenses make me religious? If so, so be it. I'm religious, and my
> religion gives me control of my own future.

No, you've actually made a very well-reasoned practical argument.  I
believe this kind of argument is what is necessary to make inroads
with software vendors so that the whole software ecosystem can
improve.  And I believe it's arguments like this that are leading to
the increased openness we're seeing in the software world.

                --Levi