Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Jan 21 10:58:33 MST 2008

On 18 Jan 2008, at 18:06, Jason Edwards wrote:

> Oh yeah, I've used it -- I've used it daily since 2003, then last
> month I got fed up and went back to Linux.  And daily I see that
> stupid pinwheel of death spinning.  And I'm not running a junky old
> Mac, it's a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro (not the base model).
>
> Anywho, if you feel like OS X is fast, then nothing I say is going to
> change your mind.

If you are seeing the pinwheel a lot, you may some processes that you
need to evaluate.  I have had some programs on my MacBook Pro that had
a lot of unnecessary overhead and once they were removed or fixed or
upgraded all was well once again.  If you think your Mac is slow, you
need to check what you are running.