Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Mon Jan 21 05:05:40 MST 2008

Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> writes:

> I couldn't agree more or have said it better.
>
> Gabe

Can I get another *amen*?!

No religion here, folks.  Nope, just pure reasoned principles!

In all seriousness, I really do not intend offense to anyone here, but
I do think the mindset that I am arguing against is a harmful one.  I
by no means wish to disparage the work that people put into free
software.  I've contributed to a couple of projects myself.  I also
think that promoting free software through conferences and user groups
is a great thing.  It's just that commercial, proprietary, and
otherwise 'non-free' software are not evil, and it's okay to use them
when it makes sense to do so.  Believing otherwise doesn't do anyone
any good.  Free software should stand on its own merits, not based on
some pseudo-religious battle between good and evil!

                --Levi