What are the right questions to ask?

Jason Edwards jtanium at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 13:56:25 MST 2008

Andrew is right on the money, and I commend him for having the guts to
say it -- I didn't, because I was worried about sounding anti-Linux.

The only thing I would add is, consider OS X if you're switching from
Windows.  I've been at two companies where they have done it, and it
has gone fairly smoothly.  I would say the leap from Windows to OS X
is much smaller than the leap to OS X.

Also, while they are still running Windows, and no matter which path
they take, they should start using things like Firefox and OpenOffice,
to get used to them.

Jason