Computers Gone Wild!

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:42:34 MST 2008

Thanks I'll give the liveCD a shot.

My thinking would have been PSU as well but this is a laptop and the
problem is there regardless of if I'm plugged in or not.

Here is /proc/interrupts

laptop:~$ sudo cat  /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:    2442731     144402    XT-PIC-XT        timer
  1:         49          5    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
  2:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
  5:        114         13    XT-PIC-XT        sata_nv
  7:     144946    2448593    XT-PIC-XT        ehci_hcd:usb2
  8:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        rtc
  9:        417         96    XT-PIC-XT        acpi, ndiswrapper
 10:         24         12    XT-PIC-XT        HDA Intel, eth0
 11:       1944        188    XT-PIC-XT        ohci_hcd:usb1, nvidia
 12:       3428        265    XT-PIC-XT        i8042
 14:         23         10    XT-PIC-XT        ide0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:    2577218    2577195
ERR:       1003

Not sure what it means there but looks like an error code of some sort
is in there, what do I check to find out?

Sincerely,
Steve