Credit Card Processing Recommendation

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Tue Jan 15 22:42:51 MST 2008

Jason Hall wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 9:02 PM, Mister E <Mister.Ed at agoracart.com> wrote:
>
>>> Oh, but some of you have heard me rant on that subject before :)
>> sounds like you have been under the microscope of an agent doing on-site
>> PCI certs and/or ran into a company that didn't understand how to secure
>> that data and be compliant.
>>

> It's what pays the bills :)  I've been doing financial programming in most
> every aspect since 97.  I've seen the best and the worst.  From PCI to
> Sarbox and everything in between, there are lots of Jots and Tittles to deal
> with, and you really don't want to deal with it unless you know them :)
>
> It's best to cover everything *before* the auditors comes to visit.
>
> At least it's something that even Utah startups can be convinced of the
> severity, and hey, not too much competition in the local contract space :)

fun fun. I think I already knew most of that though. We've talked a
little in the past.  I've been looking at getting certified in QSV, but
I'd need some additional folks for the skill sets needed, so I'll be
pursuing the ASV program for PCI_DSS, if all goes well. Other than that
I have not looked into invading the local space. I still consider myself
an "local outsider" in some ways.

I just had an twisted thought while writing this though...
certification to be a CC company hinchman is yet more fees the CC types
get.  So in total, they charge interest on the debt, cut a discount rate
and transaction fee off of the back end to facilitate the debt
transaction, then create and control a whole industry that can muscle
nearly every company in the world into compliance requirements or shut
off their revenue streams.  Oh and make sure consumers know through
commercials that the world stops if you use cash, which reinforces the
cause.  Lots and lots of power if you think about it.

ME