simple network programming question

Byron Clark byron at theclarkfamily.name
Mon Jan 14 20:05:14 MST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 08:58:44PM -0500, Andres Gonzalez wrote:
> I am getting a "Permission denied" error (errno 13) when using
> sendto() on a UDP socket.  Any idea what might be causing this?  The
> code works fine on a Windows box but not on my linux box.

Just a guess, but are you trying to send to a broadcast address?  If so,
do you have the SO_BROADCAST socket option set?  This is a long shot
because setting SO_BROADCAST mostly looks the same on linux and winsock,
but I didn't see too many other EACCESS return points on the kernel
side.

--
Byron Clark