Java for x plat installs?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:47:44 MST 2008

Hi everyone,
This is a question meant for those out there who work with Java on a
daily basis.

I've been playing with the Zend studio, and I just noticed that the
installer is a self executing JRE of some sort.
Does anyone know where I can find out what kind of blackart allows
that to be a reality?
This is working even on a distro where I didn't have a JRE installed previously.
I think it's really cool and it seems to be the same on every distro
I've run the installer on, I think this could be a good way to package
apps in the future.
Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,