Academics slam Java

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Fri Jan 11 09:39:47 MST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 9:10 AM, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:

> Agreed.  Why is the blame always laid squarely on the programming
> languages and not on the programmers or those who teach the languages?

I think you didn't read the article, either.

They lay the blame squarely on the schools that are focusing solely on
Java and similar languages without imparting a low-level understanding
of how computers work and how programs can be made secure and
reliable.  Those are tasks that are better tackled with other
languages (though there are versions of Java that might be suitable
for the secure & reliable curriculum, in my opinion.)

        --Levi