Network Solutions is domain front running. Anyone else doing it?

Joseph Hall joseph at
Tue Jan 8 13:49:22 MST 2008

I have had problems in the past with godaddy registering a domain that
I searched for there, but did not register. I have seen other
registrars (123domains comes to mind) do the same thing as well. For
that reason, I have always done my searches on, because I
have never had a problem with Network Solutions pulling that kind of

I have also noticed however that when I search for something on, that domain often becomes unavailable from other
registrars for anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours, and
then it becomes available again.

I'm curious if that is really what you are experiencing, or if Network
Solutions really has found a way to be even more evil.