Interesting Language Rant

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Tue Jan 8 10:09:00 MST 2008

You'll notice if you read carefully that he says pretty much the same
thing you do; students should learn about high-level languages, but
not at the expense of low-level knowledge and formal methods.
Although he's clearly a fan of Ada, I don't think he came off as a
bigot.  Frankly, I'd like to see more of Ada in the schools and
marketplace.  It's got an interesting and powerful type system,
provides all sorts of interesting low-level stuff for embedded and
real-time systems, and has some built-in concurrency primitives.

        --Levi