I want my Neuros OSD?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:19:31 MST 2008

Yep I found mine yesterday.
After making the post I noticed that CompUSA was a reseller for them.
I went to their website and found a SKU for it (345170).  Then I went
over to the local CompUSA and picked mine up for only $170 ($183 after
tax).  I love going out of business sales.  By the way, the staff at
CompUSA have suddenly become helpful and friendly I felt like I had
stepped into an episode of the twilight zone.

For the record I am extremely happy with my Neuros OSD.  I had a minor
problem with the power connector staying in the machine and was able
to resolve it in just a couple of minutes with an Xacto knife by
trimming about 1/2CM of rubber off the tip, just before the metal
part, since it was preventing the connection from seating properly.
For the record I appear to be the only person to have had this
problem.

Other than that it's been a joy.  Unlike my DLINK DSM-520, I have yet
to find a video file it won't play.  I am now able to record live TV
and watch YouTube videos too.   Furthermore, it required 0 setup to
recognize my Upnp server (running TwonkyMedia), so my collection of
DVD's is easily playable.

The interface it comes with out of the box is butt ugly.  However if
you update the firmware it gets this beautiful QT based interface
which is very, very slick and really gives my Mac's "Front Row"
interface a run for it's money.

Just an FYI I boxed up my DSM-520 and hauled it back to BestBuy
yesterday.  With the difference in price between the two I was able to
purchase a 2GB SD card for my OSD, which gave it some room to store
recorded TV shows locally.

I hope you find this information helpful.  When last I checked CompUSA
in Orem, and the one on 5500S State in SLC both had  a couple of the
devices and for $170 it's a steal.

Sincerely,
Steve