web gallery solutions

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Tue Jan 8 09:09:24 MST 2008

I got fed up and wrote one, and I'm quite happy with it. See it in
action at foton.fugal.net

I haven't released the source code yet because I'm lazy, but I'd be
happy to tar it up and send it to you. You can let me know what's
missing as far as packaging goes (README, etc.) and I'll make it into a
true package.

foton uses fotos on your hard drive in a directory structure as its
"database". It also uses sqlite for storing metadata (never ever
modifies your fotos). It lazily caches thumbnails and "toenails" (bigger
than thumbnails), and if you use X-Sendfile it beats the socks off
gallery[12] for speed, IME.

Let me know if you're interested.