Sunderlin, Layne R SGT RET ray.sunderlin at
Sat Jan 5 04:33:33 MST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 3:33 PM, Dr. Scott S. Jones <scott at> proclaimed:
I have a Microsoft MN-700 wireless router. I am curious who on the list
might have any experience with hacking this device. I had to replace it with
a Linksys WRTP54G, for two line VOIP at home. The new Linksys works great,
where the MN-700 was getting flaky before I replaced it.

I too am preparing to hack a MN-700.
Here are the resources I've collected so far.
The MN-700 is actually a rebadged  Asus WL500g
with MicroSlop notsofirmware.

MN-700 - DD-WRT Wiki

Microsoft MN700 hack project - AsusForum -- Asus WL500g

ASUS WL-500g custom firmware page

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
- WOW- What a Ride ! !! !!!

PLUG:, #utah on
Don't fear the penguin.