Hiring senior and less-senior engineers

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at utahpython.org
Thu Jan 3 22:02:14 MST 2008

in a diverse skill set.  (Even short term, I'm subversively using
Jython.  But officially it is a Java project. Shh.)

We pay well -- our corporate parent is based in Chicago and that is
where they calibrate salaries.  (And if you are _really_ senior?  Yes,
we can afford you. :)  Everyone has a 30 inch monitor and a top of the
line laptop.

Here's the craiglist posts with the gory details:

Senior engineer: http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/sof/527502941.html
Entry level engineer: http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/sof/527547256.html

Most of the details are the same except for the experience we're
looking for.  Basically, for entry level we really mean entry level.
If you're fresh out of school and never used svn for coursework, okay,
we understand there's a learning curve.

For now we are most interested in local candidates but if you are
super awesome we'll consider telecommuters.

This is my first time writing a help-wanted post so flame away.  (Help
me out here -- what is a grander-sounding title than "entry level
engineer?" :)

-Jonathan