Interesting Job Opp Found...

Scott Barlow scott.barlow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 10:42:49 MST 2008

I found this while looking through NTT Data's website today. Maybe it could
be of use to one of you:

http://www.job.com/my.job/search/page=jobview/pt=2/key=15483442/p=1/jsOn=1

UNIX Systems Admin II
*Company:* NTT/Verio
*Location:* OREM, UtahJob Code: 3886
Division: Verio
Location: OREM, UT US
Travel Involved: None
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Experienced
Education: Four year college degree - Technical
Skills:
Category: Technical Services
Compensation:
Position Summary:
General Unix Server system management & amp; administration tasks
Performance tuning and analysis
Planning and testing software and hardware upgrades
Fault finding
Data security configuration
Documents new and updated procedures.
Trains Level I System Administrators
Works on special projects for supporting new software and products
Coordinates technical tasks to be completed with other groups.
Works Issues through Trouble Ticketing Systems and phone escalations.
May be asked to perform second level, on-call duties when required.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements
A strong familiarity with networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS,
SNMP, SSH, SMTP, LDAP, etc
Knowledge of storage and storage networking technologies, including NFS,
SAN, and NAS.
Strong Knowledge of Server hardware and raid configurations.
Knowledge of MySQL / Postgres.
Knowledge of Sendmail.
Experience with administration in a heterogeneous Unix/Windows/Linux
environment.
Knowledge of the following scripting technologies. Perl, PHP, Unix Shell
Knowledge of network and system documentation, including knowledge of
Microsoft Visio, and Office
Ability to manage and coordinate projects involving multiple resources
according to established deadlines.
Sound knowledge of Freebsd, Solaris, and or Linux installation and
configuration.
Familiar with SGI Irix 6. 5. x installation and configuration.
Performance monitoring and tuning. Analysis of performance data
TCP/IP, including DNS, and DHCP.
Knowledge of intranet and web browsers, creating web pages.
Knowledge of scripting in Perl, PHP.
Fluent in Japanese.

I know nothing more than what is posted. Good luck.

Scott