DTV Conveter box coupons are now live! [Cross-posting to PLUG and SLLUG]

Sunderlin, Layne R SGT RET ray.sunderlin at
Wed Jan 2 21:03:18 MST 2008

 Not long ago Wade pondered:

Why is there a budget for this at all? Television is not a necessity.
It angers me that my tax dollars are being used to buy home theater
components for the masses. A coupon wasn't available a few years ago
when I purchased my HD tuner.

Why?  Because by Federal edict analog TV signals will cease to exist
after Feb 2009 .  TV is considered a vital link to convey emergency
information to the public, thus insuring that all of the public has access
to this vital resource is in the public interest.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
- WOW- What a Ride ! !! !!!