DTV Conveter box coupons are now live! [Cross-posting to PLUG and SLLUG]

Sunderlin, Layne R SGT RET ray.sunderlin at us.army.mil
Wed Jan 2 21:03:18 MST 2008

 Not long ago Wade pondered:

Why is there a budget for this at all? Television is not a necessity.
It angers me that my tax dollars are being used to buy home theater
components for the masses. A coupon wasn't available a few years ago
when I purchased my HD tuner.

Why?  Because by Federal edict analog TV signals will cease to exist
after Feb 2009 .  TV is considered a vital link to convey emergency
information to the public, thus insuring that all of the public has access
to this vital resource is in the public interest.

Ray.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
- WOW- What a Ride ! !! !!!