DTV Conveter box coupons are now live! [Cross-posting to PLUG and SLLUG]

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Wed Jan 2 18:52:55 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 07:19 -0700, Levi Pearson wrote:
> Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Just thought I'd point out that glorious should read **GLORIOUS**
> > (pronounced GLOOOORIOUS with long o's) especially for channel 7.2  ;)
> >

> I'm with you on that one.  I LOVE 7.2. :) I also frequently watch
> shows on the Create network on one of BYU's subchannels.
>
>                 --Levi

I'm half with you.  I LOVE 7.2, and our family watches more of it than
all other channels combined.  I'm a BYU alum, but I joined KUED.

BUT (everybody has a big but), I'm just wondering why the big three
networks' HD is so much higher quality than KUEDs.  Low-motion looks
great on 7.2, but I frequently am bothered by mpeg artifacts in
high-motion scenes.

Big network HD shows look as good as the Blu-Ray I've seen at my friends
houses (Shrek the Halls, Sixth Sense, The Incredibles, Harry Potter).

So is KUED using cheap encoders?  Is it ever going to get better?  Any
geeks out there know?

Just Wondering
Barry