January Meeting Reminder

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:43:30 MST 2008

Um not to correct you Levi, but the world is full of VRML and Java Applets.
Well of a sort anyways.  Second Life is absolutely HUGE and has
essentially become the standard online 3D world that VRML strove to
be.  In fact it's so common right now, that even IBM uses it for
business meetings.
And Java, well Java is everywhere too, just not where you'ld think.
Sure it's not the de-facto standard for web-apps since flash has that
honor.  But a cursory glance at the Java jobs section of any
recruiting site shows that Java is in big demand, therefore there must
be a pretty good call for it.

My guess it that the future of the web and indeed the world will be
far different than anyone could ever predict.  But maybe not too far
different.

Sincerely,
Steve Morrey