DTV Conveter box coupons are now live! [Cross-posting to PLUG and SLLUG]

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Wed Jan 2 16:22:06 MST 2008

Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:
> TV is nice, it's soothing, and exciting, but it's really NOT essential for
> survival or to one's personal welfare. Those who HAVE to have their fix from
> TV should just pay for the privilege!

I only have an antenna.  I got tired of paying out $50+ a month for
mostly garbage.

We got rid of Cable
, and had a nice few months, until I realized that I didn't know what
was going on around the world and my own state.

I finally paid out a one time $70 for a really good antenna, and now I
have the news and two shows a week that are worth watching.

And yes, I pay a lot for those few shows.  It's called advertising.  I
just don't pay twice now.