January Meeting Reminder

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Jan 2 16:08:53 MST 2008

Hi all,

I wanted to send out a quick reminder that we are having a meeting this month
at Omniture. It will be next week (the 9th) and we will get started at 7:30pm.

Aaron Anderson, lead System Administrator at Omniture, will be presenting.
He'll be talking about some of the lessons learned as Omniture's system grew
from a handful of servers to over 10,000.

If you manage or write code that runs on:
   0 servers - Come and get a sun tan from the star power.
   1 server  - For sure come, as you'll learn a thing or two.
  10 servers - Most defiantly come, or you'll regret it later.
 100 servers - Especially come, your love life will improve.
1000 servers - Insane not to come, ambulance to asylum standing by.

I'll get some details up soon on the site - so please check there later this
week if you need more info. We will need to be kicked out at 9:00pm since
everyone will want to hang out in the 'living room' after the show.

If we get bored listening to Aaron talk about Linux systems, we can ask him to
tell us the story of how he started a pretty good sized brush fire. Complete
with C-130 airdrop! W00t! And that's not just any old woot, that's a
double-aught woot - so you know it's serious!

There will be swag. There will be drinks. There will be controversy! And
plenty of it. Served with a healthy side of sarcasm.

-Ryan