SIP Wireless Phone

Chad masterclc at
Wed Jan 2 15:53:13 MST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 3:41 PM, Chad <masterclc at> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 3:36 PM, Derek <derek at> wrote:
> > I am looking for a decent wireless SIP phone to use around the office.
> > Does anybody have any experience with any?  Here is a list of phones I
> > have found.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >   Derek
> Hi Derek,
> I use an ATA and then I can use whatever "standard" phone I want.  I
> prefer the Uniden's from CostCo since they are cheap (price) and
> decent (quality and features).  The ATA I have is the Linksys PAP2T
> that I got from VoipSupply on a deal they had a while back combined
> with some Uniden phones.  My SIP provider is which is a
> bastard-child company of Gizmoproject
> -Chad

Also I forgot to mention my thought on a possible free version
(depending on your existing "stuff"):
Something like an n800, maybe a smartphone running Windows Mobile, etc
Install `your-sip-provider-application-here` connect a bluetooth (or
wired I suppose) headset and then start making calls.  If it's a smart
phone, if you have an unlimited data plan, you could potentially drop
your minutes down to the bare minimum and just use your SIP account
(and phone number) for everything.

The only one I've tried was Gizmo on my T-Mobile shadow and it has a
very "weak" implementation IMHO and wasn't a good option.  One big
problem I had was that it still used my minutes since it would
initiate the call and then connect by "calling" my phone.  Gizmo seems
kind of CandyLand to me sometimes, so I suppose YMMV depending on your
device and your SIP provider.