Expected mailing-list etiquette -- was Re: For all you top posters out there, this is for you...

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Feb 28 11:15:49 MST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 10:55 -0700, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> I don't intentionally leave someone's signature.  Oddly enough,
> thunderbird appears to now automatically trim off the signature
> (anything below the --).

In Evolution, I can select the text I want to repy-to and when I hit
reply, it only brings that part of the original email over into my
response.  Does Thunderbird do this?

Evo used to place my cursor below the email so I could easily
bottom-post.  A few minor versions ago, it started placing my cursor at
the top of my reply making it harder to bottom-post.  I take the extra
effort to hit "page down" and bottom-post because I love everyone on the
list.

Gabe