For all you top posters out there, this is for you...

justin justin at justinhileman.info
Thu Feb 28 10:45:28 MST 2008

if you make your own happiness contingent upon the mailing list habits
of others, you're going to lead a sad, sad life.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Michael L Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>  But I only keep the stuff that's useful to me.  I delete threads quite
>  regularly. If someone replies to a thread I've deleted, top-posting
>  provides no context.  Each e-mail is thus standalone.

do you need the space? tell you what. i can give you the old 40 gig
hard drive that's gathering dust at my house... that ought to satisfy
all your mailing list needs for at least the next couple of decades.

http://quotecollapse.mozdev.org/

http://five.sentenc.es :)

>  Top-posting to this is silly since a) I might miss something and b) it
>  might not always be clear to the recipient which questions I'm answering.

i agree. sometimes middle posting is ideal. most of the time, however,
i find myself responding to an email as a whole, or to a theme seen
throughout the message. in these cases, i usually find myself trimming
all but a sentence or two and then top posting.

justin
--
http://justinhileman.com