Seeking traffic shaping/transparent proxy solution

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Fri Feb 22 08:48:15 MST 2008

So, this raises another question I have: The APs I have have two
compact flash slots in them with full microdrive support.  However,
flash memory is getting so high-capacity these days (and cheap) that I
can buy a 32GB CF card for $140 from newegg.  In fact, I can't find
any microdrive options at newegg anymore.  Question is, will
solid-state CF be safe for a content caching solution?  I intend to
use the space on these cards for caching static content.  But I have
heard that CF fails after frequent writes.

Also, what capacity do you think I would need for a good caching
system?  8GB, 16GB, 32GB?

Thanks,
Carl