Alfresco Demo

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Feb 21 16:48:40 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 21:18 -0700, Jared Ottley wrote:
> The demo will be on February 21 at 1PM.

For everybody who wasn't there (that would be every single one of you),
you missed some great stuff. I'd like to thank Jared for the time he
spent on it. I won't bore you with the feature list that can be had on
the website, but here are some of the cooler things from my notes:

* LDAP (and Active Directory) integration
* CIFS, WebDAV, FTP, NFS servers for ease of transition from a basic
filesystem style document store.
* MS Office integration. While Word blows, it's definitely a reality in
business today. The sidebar plugin looks really convenient.
* Open Search via IE or Firefox (that's the little search box)
* 2.2 will have some neat email integration where you can send emails to
alfresco and either insert the contents (and attachments) into the
document store, or write custom scripts to handle the emails.
* 2.9 and even more so 3.0 will have a more social aspect. While I
generally don't see the point of Facebook, etc., this looks like a
useful way to enable collaboration between team members.

Well, time to get cracking on setting up my Alfresco box.

Corey