Linux compatible scanner

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Feb 19 08:13:06 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 18:45 -0700, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> Russel Caldwell wrote:
> > Does anybody have a suggestion for a Linux compatible scanner.
>
> Oddly enough, all-in-one units often work well with linux, and are
> cheaper than standalone scanners too!  I have the Epson CX 3810 ( a
> couple of years old now) and it works great.  Check with the hardware
> compatibility lists for sane.

I've got both an HP Officejet J5780 and Epson CX7800 (both are
all-in-one units) and they are completely functional. I did have to
upgrade CUPS to get the HP working as the version in Ubuntu Feisty
didn't have the driver.

The state of printing and scanning in Linux is much improved over
previous years.

Corey