[SOLVED] Re: Mail from localhost delivered to Google Apps with Postfix? Anyone have a solution?

chad at planetmayfield.com chad at planetmayfield.com
Mon Feb 18 12:39:09 MST 2008

Thank you all that helped me figure this issue out with their
suggestions.  I have, after some headaches, gotten this to work.  As I
has suspected it had to do with the TLS handshake with Gmail.  I used
Google to find quite a few instances of people doing close to the same
thing.  Overall what i did was this;

Make myself a CA
Make a Cert and sign it as the CA
Within Postfix:
   Create a generic file with my local aliases and deliverable
addressees
   Cretae a transport file with my domain and gmail's smtp port (I was
getting this wrong in my first installation)
   Create the sasl_passwd file with my Gmail (Google Apps) email
address and password.
   Hash the files (I forgot to hash one once in my troubleshooting)

After I had done that I could actually tail the logs and see the
handshake occurring.  So it is fixed and I am receiving mail!  The
interesting thing is that it appears (obviously I could be wrong) that
Gmail requires a TLS connection for mail that is relayed.  So just
adding a ~/.forward or an alias was not working.

If anyone is interested I will be writing up a small tutorial on what
I did in order to get it working and it will be posted some time this
week.  You will be able to read it here (http://www.planetmayfield.com/linux-unix/using-postfix-to-relay-local-mail-to-google-apps/
).

Again thanks for all the suggestions.

---