SPAM CITY - Suggestions?

joecr at linuxmail.org joecr at linuxmail.org
Mon Feb 11 20:06:25 MST 2008

Well at least where I work I get calls every day where people ask why they keep getting bounce messages for e-mails they never sent.  Every last one of them had box trapper enabled.  So yes the spammers were taking advantage of box trapper.  To bad many of the forged From addresses were bogus.

The only good thing is spam doesn't make it through very easily unless the spammer somehow forges the From address to one that has been white listed or reported as a real person.  I still think it is like fighting Fire with gasoline.  Mainly because you will have people who will refuse to send you an e-mail if you have box trapper enabled.