Comcast: Our BitTorrent busting is 'best in class'

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Feb 9 18:39:57 MST 2008

Comcast: Our BitTorrent busting is 'best in class'
FCC probe? What FCC probe?
By Cade Metz in San Francisco
Published Saturday 9th February 2008 00:54 GMT

Just weeks after the US Federal Communications Commission said it
would investigate claims that Comcast was surreptitiously throttling
P2P file-sharing traffic, the mega American ISP has issued new terms
of service, telling customers it likes to practice "reasonable network
management".

These terms of service seem to mirror a footnote to the FCC's 2005
Internet Policy Statement - a bit of government wisdom Comcast has
used time and again to justify its BitTorrent busting.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/09/comcast_tweaks_terms_of_service/